At Nationwide Constructions, our Safety Policy is based on a belief that the well-being of people employed at work, or people affected by our work, is a major priority and must be considered during all work performed on our behalf.
The quality personnel and various subcontractors we use are a valuable asset and their health and safety is paramount to our success.
The objectives of our Policy are:
- To comply with relevant State Legislation, local council requirements, codes of practice, standards and guidelines.
- Develop measurable objectives and targets which will help to eliminate workplace incidents from our activities.
- Develop a system in line with with ASNZS 4801.
How the Objectives will be achieved:
Work Health and safety will:
- Be an integral part of every managerial and supervisory decision.
- Be considered in all planning and work activities.
- Regular consultation with the work force and relevant stakeholders about decisions made regarding Work Health and safety that concerns each individual onsite.
- Implement programs of education and learning to ensure optimum safety and environmental understanding is utilised.
- Identify and control all potential hazards in the workplace through hazard identification and risk analysis of our work processes.
- To ensure all potential accident/incidents are reported, investigated, controlled and prevention strategies implemented.
- Continual review of HSE system elements for compliance with current legislation and AS4801 requirements.
- Ensuring that open and honest communication exists between management and all workers.
- Understanding and documenting the total work process, associated HSE risks and our legal and other obligations.